Yes, I’m late but I’m glad to stop hearing from the crowd, “What? You Mr. Mac Ambassador – no iPhone?”
Yeah – it’s pretty sweet. I’ve been running down the battery on this bad boy pretty frequently.
Today I had an interesting conversation with a fellow colleague. He’s had an iPhone since it’s introduction and was at my cubicle talking about the future of Apple products.
High on my rumor list was the tablet on the near future for Apple. He asked me an interesting question though concerning this rumor.
“Do you think anyone will use a tablet and replace their laptop with it?”
Very good question.
Today, from my desk – or anywhere for that matter:
- I can update my facebook status
- Read and answer my three email accounts
- Check the scores from last night’s football games
- Track my order from Amazon.com
- Order from Amazon.com
- Check the weather forecast
- Text message with images (finally)
- Add new Apps from the iTunes store
- Update my blog
- Watch videos of my son’s football games
- Check my calendar
- Write myself a note about something
…and here’s the kicker, MOBILE DEPOSIT my wife’s (paper) check in to our checking account by just taking a picture of it and uploading it to our account.
All while sitting at my desk, standing in line, or in my truck etc. And I’ve only had my iPhone for three weeks.
Do I think the iPhone or Apple’s tablet will replace the laptop, maybe not yet but it sure is convenient.